View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #16
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

I think it all really depends on peoples schedules. Myself my goal this year was for my pontoon to stay in until the end of Oct. I am well on the way to achieving that... but a host of surprises have kept me from being up there to use it.

My Speedboat, is always out of the water, by the 2nd or 3rd week of Sept. because of depth concerns...... and I would rather not worry, then have to run up in the middle of the week and pull it out.....

People comment all the time about the lake being low, well it really isn't... yes there was oops momment last week when the dam was opened up, in case the nor-easter, dropped a crap ton of rain... But that didn't happen, so no the lake is a few inches lower then intended.... The goal is always to have the lake at 503 ft. when they close it after Columbus day weekend, to the minimum flow of 50 cfs. Why, because for the next two weeks, they can't open it back up... some years we get a lot of rain, and the pond ends up full again.... some years it only comes back up a few inches.... you just never know....

Overall the lake level has been very well controlled the last couple of years.... I think the bigger overall trend, is that boaters, on the lake are really only interested in the fun and sun... When they can't be basking in the sun, and floating in the water, they have no use to be at the lake, so the don't come.... Add in that your average Winnipesaukee water front home owner, is coming from further and further away, after a few months, long weekend trips get old.... When I started coming to the lake, most people where from massachusetts, and a few from Ct. and NY.... over the years, more people from those area's as well as NJ have started to become season home owners.... when you are coming from that far away.... you really only want to afford the cost when the weather is ideal......

Anyway I will stop rambling.... FLL seems to be rubbing off on me, as I am doing more and more rambling these days, if I ever mention walmart however, I may have to ask someone to smack me...