View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #27
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
A lot of timber is cut before it fully matures now. If you use exterior trim boards now, esp pine, they will rot out within 5 years.
I built a new house 10 years ago and I tried to make it as maintenance free as possible. I use quality materials, vinyl siding and plastic for all the exterior trim pieces. I used Therma-tru exterior doors throughout the house and garage. At that time they didn't offer the doors trimmed out in plastic so I put them up as offered. I used 5 quality doors and the trim rotted out on all 5 doors within 5 years.
I built a deck on another house about tan years ago and did the railings in fur. They are all rotted out and need replacing.
If you were looking for extremely low maintenance fibrecrete is the way to go!
One Bensonwood home was built in 2007. Extremely low maintenance and the owner is very please with that fact! The roofing and siding materials are fiber cement materials. The Ramblin Vewe farmhouse siding is fiber cement and is now over 40 years old. Untouched and looks great!

Customers are extremely satisfied with Lowren windows and doors. Their stormforce series is perfect on the lake or on mountaintops!