View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 11:33 AM   #42
WinnisquamZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
We have been looking at land in Alton and are thinking of building/moving north since there isnt anything that appeals to us on the market. I am struggling with the concept of $300/sqft without land. it just doesn't make sense to me. To build a 3000sqft house and be $900k in? I don't see that is being possible. Yes, I know materials are up a bit, but not enough to push pricing that high. An extra $20-30k in materials and isnt going to push an overall number that high.

Starting to research builders now to get a real feel for it to see if this makes sense.

Bensonwood has been mentioned a few times as a good prefab option. Is it me or is their stuff on the website really ugly? I am looking for a craftsman/adirondack look.
Understand your frustration. I also have a building lot in Meredith. Yes, material costs add to the budget. Building today is all about skilled labor and availability. Builders I spoke with are two to three years out. Pick and choosing their work. I spoke with one and was told they are scheduling nothing under 5k sq ft! With that said, we are waiting. Will it get cheaper. Don’t know

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
WinnisquamZ is offline   Reply With Quote