View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 07:36 AM   #35
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,156 Times in 903 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Heffalump View Post
He very well be making $65 an hour as a subcontractor. Guy I know was making that kind of money making and installing custom cabinets. He wasn't working for someone else though. Ended up walking because he didn't want to work six days a week, ten plus hours a day. Those who some consider entitled really just want decent pay, enough to afford a home and health care for their families, and some time to spend with their families. Anything less, they don't want it and I can't say I blame them.
That is true and it is all about balancing someone's needs and desires with their willingness to work to get there.

If you don't desire a different lifestyle or want more in your life then by all means take Friday's off. If that gives you enough to be satisfied, that is perfect.

However, people who want things like a waterfront home, a bigger boat, or a better car, typically have more aggressive personalities and are willing to work a little harder to get there. No business owner I know stops at 40 hours per week.

One friend, 65 years old and a multi millionaire business owner, still works 6 days a week. He enjoys continuing to build his business and both his adult children work there and will someday take over.

That is one of the great things about this country. Much opportunity is there for anyone to get to whatever level or lifestyle they would like.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: