View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 07:57 AM   #5
Thundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
When I was in high school back in the early 70's we all went to Cape Cod every weekend. When I graduated High school I started coming up to the Margate with a friend of mine who's family owned it. I never looked back and very rarely do I visit Cape Cod anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
Like most everywhere in the world, things have changed as time has gone on.

I was a hardcore fisherman from about 1996 to 2010 when my firstborn came and for many years, the fishing in Vineyard and Nantucket sounds and Buzzards Bay along with on Stellwagen Bank and Jeffreys Ledge was fantastic. (Debbie Downer Alert)-I had been taking the kids out to fish in the sounds and at all the places, times and tides, using the same techniques/fishing methods, baits/lures etc, there are just fewer fish out there nowadays. Never mind that somehow, while the kids have gotten into many of the things that I'm into, they have not really caught the fishing bug like I had when I was a kid and into adulthood. It is why I don't mind not being on the cape this summer and will not miss being down there if I never go again.

As I had mentioned earlier, some can get sick of the same thing, year after year and I'm afraid my kids got jaded with visiting their grandfathers place and stepping off a dock and onto a boat and being able to go to some remote beaches where boaters are allowed to anchor/beach and enjoy the sun, sand and salt-though we also need to deal with sharp shells and rocks mixed into the sand(I know, I know, poor boater, sharp shells and rocks that hurt the footsies). Still, being able to get up to the lake to enjoy it every now and then is a new revelation as I know we only have maybe 8 years left as I'm painfully aware that once the kids get their drivers licenses we won't be doing these family trips like we used to and these/this-summer will be just a pleasant memory.
Thundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links