View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 AM   #16
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
With all this cold weather the next foot of snow will make conditions quite nice. Let's hope it is soon.
I couldn't agree more. I do not see anything in the forecast for the next week though, except for this cold, which is pushing the storm away.
Our next trip to Maine would be in 2 weeks and we may not even bother to go if we do not get snow before then.
One of the biggest problems I see at this point is that many of the trails, especially those through the wooded sections, lost all of their base. So at this time it is just snow on dirt. We need a storm then a warm-up then a cold snap to get things going again.
If I remember correctly one of the regulars said earlier that he saw a similar winter as far as snowfall, as we had last year, it looks like he may have been the only one who was correct.
We still have all of February but after that we start seeing warming temps and longer days which start the snow melting. So in reality we only have one more month.