View Single Post
Old 03-24-2020, 08:18 AM   #217
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Please do not tell me I do not value health or value wealth over health. If things get as bad with the economy as they might, remember people and businesses need money to pay for healthcare which many may not be able to do. Then we will have socialized medicine which will be an absolute disaster you will really see our mortality rate drop.

As I said and continue to believe closing the non essentials was a complete overreaction.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
But all of your posts make it clear that you value wealth over health in this instance. I think you are wrong to do so, but I recognize that there are many people who will suffer economically, including many who will not have enough to eat--this is already happening in the UK as food banks are bare. I am on the board of a nonprofit that is struggling to maintain support for several thousand people as our supply chain is disrupted.

This is a situation where there is no attractive alternative--each of us is forced to to choose a price to pay. More isolation likely means more hungry people. Less isolation likely means more deaths. Both sides need to own up to the sacrifices their positions imply
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: