View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
hockeypuck

I have to disagree. I've been going through the Weir's Bridge intersection for over 40 year's and it has gotten much worse over the last few years. Even if you have the right of way you can't trust the other drivers to obey the many signs. The intersection must be very confusing to the many tourist that use it. Some stop when they have the right of way to cruse on through and some cruse straight through even though they have a yield sign, not the right of way. If it is so confusing, it may not follow what a driver expects or common sense. I think a rotary is the solution. It make's more sense to have one there than the other one up the road. At first I was opposed to a rotary both in NH and here near my home in CT, but I know the one here in CT works great. Short learning curve for motorists, but traffic slows to about 5-10 mph and everyone seems to be able to blend in with no long lines. Winter is the next test, everyone is waiting to see how the snow plows handle it. A minor fender bender may happen in the rotary, but a major T-bone with injuries is highly unlikely,.
hockeypuck is offline   Reply With Quote