View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #13
webmaster

Thanked 3,726 Times in 824 Posts

One of my favorite threads this year was Another Alton Bay Landmark bites the dust. It started as a sad note that the Blue Jay Mini-Golf was being torn down but evolved into Alton Bay nostalgia and history complete with pictures. Before long the grandson of the previous owner gave us more information and then the new owner heard about the discussion and completed the story.

The Boating Accident/Death off Diamond Island and the Weirs Beach Boardwalk Washed away! threads also were among my favorites since they covered these important incidents better than most newspapers. No wonder so many people from the media follow this forum.

The Jimmy thread and other light hearted threads were also welcome during these times when we could all use a good laugh. I also loved the Dogs on Winnipesaukee thread with so many great pictures.

Last year one of my favorites was the Boat Sinking????? thread. This thread really had it all including a little unfortunate bickering between members. We got great information about the potential reasons for the sinking and reports from some witnesses who were on the scene. There were reports during the search for the boat and pictures of it sitting on the bottom. We learned a lot about potential recovery methods then several forum members watched and photographed the recovery of the boat which nicely brought the thread full circle.

As usual there was lots of interesting information on the Forum this year. Thanks to all the members who make this such a great and entertaining resource!
webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote