Thread: Opposers Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #37
VtSteve

I'd have to agree with you ITD. I think Winni is a very congested lake, and many just singled out what they disliked the most. The MP has stated many times, and again warned this year, that speed was not much of a problem on Winni. The supporters knew this, and rushed as fast as they could last year to make it law.

Barrett was again in the press in June, making a statement how he thought some would be disappointed, and don't expect a deluge of tickets. I'm sure his statements have enraged some.

Interesting contrast. While boating is a bit slower on Lake Champlain this year, I still see the usual GFBL boats doing their raft ups and cruising. I never have a problem with these boaters, unlike some of the smaller ones. My biggest curse on weekends is trying to weave through the sailboat masses to get out of the bay. I don't grumble (too much), it's a big lake. Most of them are much bigger than my boat, so wakes are not an issue. Even though we have a 200' limit here, even the MP and CG understand it would be silly to enforce it rigidly at such times. Heck, the July 4th boats would still be waiting in line to get out

I think everyone has an expectation of what their perfect boating experience is. Some accept reality and hope for the best and enjoy it, and others try their level best to make sure their vision is put into law. I think some of the sailors whining on these boards should talk to people over here that sail. Get over yourselves and learn to be boaters. If you expect people to hold QUIET signs like they have in PGA golf tournaments every time you go out, fuggetaboutit.