Thread: Opposers Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #5
malibu

I have been opposed to the speed limit from day one and after being out on the water these past few weekends are opposed even more. Before I go any further we own a ski boat, kayaks and two sail boats. We are not go fast boaters, but have nothing against them either.

We still have people coming within fifty feet of us traveling between 35-45 mph. They are not breaking the speed limit just two of the older laws on the books, 150 feet and reckless boating. But the biggest problem is they never get pulled over!!! If the people of NH and the state really want to make the lake safer they should double or triple the MP presence. Wouldn’t you like to see a MP boat in every bay on the weekends actually pulling people over for breaking the laws we already have, to me this would make a lot more sense than trying to catch speeders.

This really comes down to a common sense approach; the speed limit is not addressing the real problem. The lake has actually become less safe, maybe it’s the weather and pent up boaters or people think hey I am not speeding so leave me alone. Whatever it is the speed limit isn’t the fix.

Maybe what the state should do is combine MP with Fish and Game, they could justify more resources being that Fish and Game is in force 12 months a year and has a larger budget.

Malibu
Sponsored Links