View Single Post
Old 02-04-2021, 12:14 PM   #38
paintitredinHC

Default The Results Are In

The meeting offered the opportunity for community stakeholders to voice their opinions on the matter. Key takeaway: 100 people in support of a bill to define wake boats and 977 opposed. Your voices have been heard.

I have been wakeboarding and waterskiing in my cove for over 25 years. The use of ballast filled boats for watersports is not a novel concept. During that time, I have tried my best to be a courteous and respectful neighbor while pursuing my passion alongside my family and friends - many of whom are neighbors. It is definitively my favorite thing to do in this world.

Again, for context, the issue of wakeboats has recently gained more attention and generated the collective ire of a few, driven by the relatively recent popularity of WakeSurfing. Wakesurfing is a much easier sport to perform, which is why it is gaining popularity. In conjunction, new boat owners recognize that a single boat can function as both their deck/pontoon/cruiser/watersports boat, thus the proliferation of 23'+ wakeboats.

This is an issue of education, not regulation. You can't outlaw stupidity.

Rather than beat my head against the wall, I'll just share links to previous posts on this topic.

Context is for kings.

https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums...0&postcount=25
paintitredinHC is offline   Reply With Quote