View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 08:44 PM   #71
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by map View Post
I think the country will go into a Depression starting in June. In our 60’s we just retired and moved here and these would have been our last really good years. We had plans for a nice new life in our golden years and wanted to take advantage of all the wonderful venues and activities in the area. The virus thing hit a month after we moved so we could barely get acclimated. I am worried about our savings that we are essentially living on right now.

My husband and I can look back and say we had a decent life- lucky really- we worked hard and we had a beautiful family home and lots of land back in NY- and wonderful
experiences and vacations.

Our doctors office is closed for now and we never even were able to
meet him as we are new patients. We had our medical records sent to his office office before we moved. We need preventative care and screenings. We are hoping to stay healthy as long as possible but let’s face it we are getting older and things are bound to creep up.

I am sad about it but I have resolved that our life is over. I cry. I get depressed. I am drinking more wine than I should. Thankfully we have a home and food and done nice neighbors.

Now I only care about our son who has been laid off because of this and is young and lives alone. If he needs help we will be here for him. That is what keeps us going. At a time when the young people should be moving forward in life they now have been dealt this card.
My God man...relax will ya! It’s a real bad flu not the end of the world!

The liquor stores remain essential. I highly recommend You visit soon and pickup a Bottle of high end Cabernet and a straw!

Dan