View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #221
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabascocat98 View Post
You blame corporate troubles when they exist on workers demanding good wages and benefits. Simple math-good paying jobs fuel the economy; low paying jobs equal the need for more welfare. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I'd rather see a working parent earning a living wage than getting welfare and usually so would they.

And I am damn glad I have a good union job that has allowed me the opportunity to buy a boat and property on the lake and enjoy this slice of heaven. In Solidarity!
So let me get this straight... it's evil for a company to pay the least amount necessary to hire employees, yet it's not evil for employees to demand the most they can get for a wage? Huh, OK with that in mind, when you need to hire somebody to do work for you... two contractors quote you a price for the job. Both using the same materials but one is more expensive than the other, and both have the same reputation and do the same quality of work. So you'd hire the most expensive one right? LOL I'm sure you would!

Wages are paid at a market rate, no more no less. Benefits are a matter of how willing AND able a company is to pay out in order to attract the best employees possible.

I'm damn glad I have the same as you do, but it doesn't necessarily take a union job to get it. It takes hard work!