Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 07:34 PM   #386
Justmee

Default Noone wants this in Braun Bay either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I like the concept and welcome it on the lake, however would be pissed if it was in front of my property every day. I assume they are still working out the bugs, and on better weather days they will venture out further. I am sure in Braun Bay this would do well. Its just a matter of getting it there. Leave early and stay late. If they tried to travel towards the Weirs Channel on a busy Saturday afternoon they are going to be in rough shape. Get there early and boat the crew out separately from a closer location so they are not eating so much in labor while traveling (unless they have guests along for the ride).

Lets face it, the weather hasn't been great for the last week. If on every nice weekend this is sitting at West Alton they better rethink their plan.
Regardless of the commercial viability of this endeavor, in Braun Bay the situation is not different. NO ONE WANTS IT THERE! This business fails to realize that each property owner has hundreds of thousands to lose in depreciation, and combined together, what we are willing to invest in getting rid of this will dwarf the costs of 5 barges.

The tension between boaters and homeowners is a delicate balance. I doubt The Dive understands what they are stepping into.

From the boater's perspective, accounting for Braun Bay rafting/spacing rules, this vessel will displace a large number of boaters during the sunshine hours and make that crowd quite upset as well.

Last edited by Justmee; 08-01-2018 at 11:20 AM.