Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 08:50 AM   #342
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
Why should everyone just be happy with it? How do you know it's "genuinely appreciated"? Did you take a survey of the people using this service or did you take a survey of everyone on the lake? Or do you just count the ya's and na's on the forum?
I guess we really won't know until it get's through the summer and see where it stands next season.
Anyways, this is what public forums are for. If you don't like other peoples opinions then you shouldn't visit them. There are always going to be people for and against.
You missed the point. There are numerous people against this for a reason that (1) doesn't affect them and (2) think it affects someone else even though there are no legitimate waterfront stakeholders voicing concern.

Based on initial reviews/updates here and on facebook, this business appears to be off to a successful start yet there seems to be a group here that is offended by such due to it being an "eye sore."

If it's remitting oil in the lake, I think that's a legitimate concern. Being out late without a sanctioned event, sure, legitimate concern. Promoting "day drinking" - let's be honest, I'll bet a good majority of the lake enjoys a few drinks while out on the lake and many boats have at least a handful of folks in the boat. That doesn't mean each boat doesn't have a designated captain (even though we'd like to hope it's the case). Again, just another empty complaint.