Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 08:27 PM   #330
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
Perfect - so absolutely cripple a business venture and material investment of some young entrepreneurs because they obeyed the law and obtained all necessary permits/approvals.

I get the frustration from the landowner perspective even though it doesn't affect me, but maybe the landowner should've fought for a law before something like this happened. It's a slippery slope but the fact is these people were first to capture this opportunity and the landowners are behind. In my eyes, it wouldn't be fair to cripple the monetary amounts and time invested by these folks that started this business.
I hope the entrepreneurs do not suffer a loss. But if they do get reined in, most of the fault is their own for not anticipating the blowback.

I'm confused by your second paragraph and not sure how you expect the landowners to anticipate every eventuality that they might not like, and then preemptively push for laws against them, but I am sure that would lead to more regulation. That leaves the landowners behind, as you say, but not powerless.

Maybe is was not fair (or prudent) of The Dive to invest/open without a community meeting so that all could understand the pros and cons before money was put on the line?