Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 06:45 PM   #323
Shreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
There is a big difference from the Mount. The Mount is always moving and not anchored in front of someone’s home. If you think storefront homeowner input won’t make a difference you don’t know NH.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I'm struggling to understand why? What ownership interest in the water does a waterfront owner have?

Look, I'm not here to troll and I genuinely feel for anyone personally affected by this as I would agree that I would generally not want this anchored in front of my little piece of heaven if I was fortunate enough to have one on the lake. With that said, this thing is only piloting the more popular sandbars (from limited experience and from following their FB posts) on a limited basis throughout the summer. With that said, those areas are already well settled by boaters so I don't know why having a cool barge there is a big difference.

The one legitimate concern I can understand and haven't seen is the alleged spinning light up sign. If that thing is twirling after dark, I'd be against it as well unless maybe a sanctioned night event cruise or something.

In sum, I don't have a dog in this fight as I don't own waterfront and this isn't on "MY" part of the lake - you know, the one that's MINE (see what I did there?). I feel for all sides and it seems there are three sides as I see it: (1) the young owners that invested a lot of time and money to get this thing underway in a legal and appropriate manner, (2) folks that venture the lake and have a genuine interest in patronizing this place because it seems pretty cool, and (3) the very few waterfront owners that do not own the lake but rather have to deal with a alleged "eye sore."

My guess would be that (1) and (2) above will significantly outweigh (3). Most others are essentially just keyboard warriors and a product of the dismal society we live in today. I say dismal because there's always a group out there that needs to find something to complain about even though it doesn't personally affect them (yes there are some in this thread).