Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #320
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggd View Post
I know I would be pi$$ed if it was parked all day in front of my waterfront home. I don't think it should have been permitted in the first place but now that it is and they hear the complaints hopefully the issues can be resolved.
If you are of the opinion that it should not have been permitted there would need to be a valid legal reason to deny them. I don't want to see them on my favorite sandbar or anchored in front of my house is not sufficient reason to stop them from their business venture.

If they did get denied in the future for the renewal of any of the necessary food, alcohol, or other permits they could point to the Mt Washington and claim they were doing the same thing (selling food and alcohol) but in a different manner. That might give them significant legal grounds to stand up to any challenge.

If it is a financial success, and that remains to be seen, it will take violations of regulations or other significant complaints with a legal basis to stop them from continuing to do business. Otherwise it is here to stay.

Only time will tell.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: