Thread: The Dive?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 04:52 PM   #317
The Real BigGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddy View Post
Perfect - so absolutely cripple a business venture and material investment of some young entrepreneurs because they obeyed the law and obtained all necessary permits/approvals.

I get the frustration from the landowner perspective even though it doesn't affect me, but maybe the landowner should've fought for a law before something like this happened. It's a slippery slope but the fact is these people were first to capture this opportunity and the landowners are behind. In my eyes, it wouldn't be fair to cripple the monetary amounts and time invested by these folks that started this business.
You misunderstand my point. Almost every year it seems a group of property owners get together to petition for a no rafting zone and the DES/state schedule the hearing in December or January when no one is around to oppose. With no opposition it passes. I can see the same thing happening with the Dive if the continue to anchor in the same place, bothering the same people.

My other comment: I own waterfront but nowhere near where they are. I wouldn’t want them in front of me.

In the long run, I think the issues will be resolved during re-permitting. This is obviously a new and different venture and the state didn’t know all the questions to be asked or what all the issues might be. After several months of operation they will be better informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app