Thread: Bike Week
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #42
boat_guy64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc View Post
As my first year back "into" bike week after ignoring it for a few years, I found something I can't explain. The Weirs, Lobster Pound, and Broken Spoke and Funspot loop was always mobbed, but the rest of the area seemed only mildly impacted by bikers.

We ate at our "normal" weekend places and most complained that they were slow and bike week was disappointing this year, yet every time I drove down to the Weirs it was crowded. Where do those all those bikers eat?

I have been told by more than one restaurant owner that bike week scares away the normal customers and the few bikers that stop in don't make up for the difference.

Most of my neighbors avoid the lake for these 2 weekends and I think the restaurant owners may be correct. (I'm sure that there are a few hot spots that do very well on these weekends)

I like biker weekend because almost no one is on the lake. I can go from Meredith to Wolfeboro by boat in the afternoon and there is actually space at the Wolfeboro docks. They are great boating weekends. We just bring in all of our supplies on Friday and only go anywhere by boat.
boat_guy64 is offline   Reply With Quote