View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 PM   #3
XCR-700

Thumbs down Sadder still,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argie's Wife View Post
Huh? What are you talking about?

Have you ever hosted a forum? How about more than one?

Well, I have and do... No joke.

Lemme tell you... it's no picnic. It's a lot of work and when some (or even just one) member gets their tails in a knot about something, it's a LOT more work.

And please, histrionics aside, where in the First Amendment are you promised to have a non-fully moderated forum? Do you know who else could be liable if someone is accused of slander... yup. The mod.

Don does what he does at no charge to us... If that's the rule I have to follow to play here, I'll do it.

P.S.
As best I can tell the boating section is fully moderated... some kids on this playground just need a little more supervision, I guess... If my can was on the line the way Don's is here on winni.com, I'd probably do the same...
I make no apologies for my opinion PERIOD!

And baiting me with “histrionics” and “First Amendment” rhetoric is not conducive to a meaningful exchange about why I feel the way I do about this change when I have said nothing about the First Amendment.

I said that I consider censorship of this nature to be un-American and totalitarianism, this is because I don’t like people telling me what I can say when I have not said anything inappropriate, it has nothing to do with paper laws.

I opened my post and ended it with the terms disappointment/disappointing and that’s the way I feel. If that makes you feel uncomfortable or guilty maybe you might stop to think about what you are bothered by in my post, if its truly because you feel that its inappropriate, then it would make sense that you support the concept of a fully moderated forum, you don’t want anyone posting something you are in disagreement with or that makes you feel bad, and if that’s you opinion so be it, I’m not here to convince you about anything, I’m just posting my opinion. But when we reach a point when I cannot post my opinions without someone scrutinizing every word, it’s a very sad day for us all,,,,

Again, I make no apologies for my opinion, and further, I have no concern what so ever that your posts need to be moderated, if I don’t like them, I don’t have to read them. You can rest assured that I don’t like a lot of posts, and in most cases, I just ignore them, and let me say for the record that I have NEVER contacted a site owner or moderator about a post, NEVER had a reason to do so,,, EVER!

Nuff said by me,,, someone else can have the floor, I have said my piece.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: