View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #14
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawn psycho View Post
Are you directing this towards me or too the guy in the article?

People seem quick to want to throw other people's money away but when it comes time for them to pay it's a different story. In your own post, you confess to being a non-resident and never having paid your state sales tax on your boat but then tell people they can't afford something because they want to avoid state sales taxes where possible? Hello pot, meet kettle.

If my boat was purchased in NH, stays in NH, and is registered in NH (as legally required to stay in Marina for summer), I certainly don't think Maine should get one penny from my boat.

Aren't you the one who wants to bring a sales and income tax to NH?
I am not picking on anyone here.... just making a statement.....

Now if you boat is purchased in NH stays in NH and is registered in NH.... then there is no way any other state can take you on it..... Because they will not know about it..... until you sell.... in which case you have to report any gain made on the sale as income.... and it would get taxed as income.

My comment is directed at the stories here of the idea of buying a boat in NH to get around paying sales tax in another state.... and the games of how to try and do it.... As I recall you have never said anything like this..... so how could I have intended to aim the comment at you.....

Taxes suck they always have.... but you know what, you just deal with them..... there is still now other country I would rather live in. As for sales and Income tax, yep I have said it many times, it is a certainty..... they will come to NH it is just a matter of when....