View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 06:04 AM   #183
fatlazyless

Default "booster shots lose much of their potency after about four months"

Today is February 12, 2022 so it's been 5-months since I got my third Pfizer vaccination shot on September 12, 2021 at the CVS in Plymouth, NH. In the last month I was unable to get a fourth shot at either the walk-in, no appointment needed, State of NH sponsored vaccination facility at the former state liquor store in Ashland. The CVS on-line scheduling process was a no-go as well, and I got all three of my vaccinations at CVS in Plymouth, NH where the procedure was totally excellent with the Plymouth CVS people. Recently, the on-line CVS appointment process said NO to me when I tried to schedule a fourth.

Today's February 12, 2022 NY Times has a report "New C.D.C. data adds to evidence that boosters' protection against severe Covid plunges after four months." It is 11 paragraphs in length.

1st paragraph: "Covid booster shots lose much of their potency after about four months, raising the possibility that some Americans - specifically those at high risk of complications or death - may need a fourth dose, data published on Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggest."

9th paragraph: "Protection against emergency department and urgent care visits declined from 69 percent within two months of the second dose to 37 percent after five months or more. Booster shots restores those levels to 87 percent."

So, I'm going back to the walk-in clinic in Ashland today, to try again for a fourth shot, and plan to give them a photocopy of this NY Times report. Will also try again with the CVS on-line appointment.

As you probably know, your CDC vaccination card has a fourth line for recording your fourth numbers and date.

Wish me good luck with this, my effort to get a fourth shot of the Pfizer! ......

Maybe I'm incorrect but this Feb 12, 2022 New York Times report is probably free to read without a paid subscription.