View Single Post
Old 01-09-2022, 05:24 PM   #141
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Non-resident data on COVID-19 cases, tests, and vaccines are not regulated in any way.

The absence of governance leads to states presenting data in any format or disregarding it altogether despite the capacity of this data to have major impacts on trends and rates, especially during periods of frequent travel.

To me, it wouldn't make any sense if, say, a snowbird from Ohio who went to Florida for the winter in November died from Covid in a Miami hospital in February was listed as an Ohio death. I believe the statistics are kept and reported by your actual location at the time of the incident.
No. Florida had a huge case were one of the people keeping their database was very upset that those that tested positive in Florida were not being counted unless they were declared residents of Florida. I don't believe that has been changed.

Florida would choose to list that as an Ohio covid case, and an Ohio covid death.

That type of stuff has been in the news since covid reporting has begun.

NH has issues on its reporting, but has been very open on those issues... something that can not be said of Florida.