View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 09:09 PM   #110
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Thats my point....

Its not a surprise to anyone that the majority of people in the hospital are unvaccinated... they use the 76% number as a scare tactic.

The important number is the 24% of the people in the hospital are fully vaxxed!

Currently CT has a population of 3.565M... of that population, 2.598M are vaccinated, so just under 1M (966,115) people are unvaxxed. They currently have 525 people hospitalized with Covid... so 126 of those are fully vaxxed!

Its easy to skew numbers to scare people...

Woodsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
Because it is all about the math... and you must be doing that new math....

IF the numbers in CT are to be believed, on the surface it appears that vaxxed or unvaxxed, you have very similar chances of landing in the hospital.

CT population = 3.565M or 3,565,000
% Fully Vaxxed = 72.19% or 2.573.5M or 2,573,573.5
% Unvaxxed = 27.81% or .991M or 991,426
(No need to bring the 84.3% with at least 1 dose into the math)

525 people currently hospitalized in CT
399 (76%) of those hospitalized are fully vaccinated
126 (24%) of those hospitalized are unvaccinated

The math is very similar as far as your chances of hospitalization go... 76% of those hospitalized represent 72.2% of the population. 24% of those hospitalized represent 27.8% of the population. The numbers seem to indicate that despite being vaxxed, you have a slightly GREATER chance of hospitalization.

Woodsy
I don't mind people teasing me with laugh emojis, "new math", etc when I've made a mistake. That's all in good fun. But you've got a bit of egg on your face here.

If you read both of your posts again, you will see that you've flipped the numbers. In your first post you noted that 24% of the hospital patients are vaxxed, but in your second post, you say that 76% of hospital patients are vaxxed. Oops

If you do the math again using your original numbers, you will see they suggest an unvaxxed person is 8.5X as likely to end up in the hospital.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: