View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 08:57 AM   #65
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
It's not that I claim the vax reduces infections, it's that clinical trials prove it.

You seem to be hung up on the idea that if any vaxxed person becomes infected, that disproves the vaccines. This is ridiculous--nobody has said the vaccines are perfect. If, just for example, you read that a vaccine is 90% effective, that means that (all else being equal) a vaccinated person has reduced his chance of infection by only 90% compared to an unvaxxed person with the same lifestyle and level of exposure. It should be obvious that this is extraordinarily good.

But this is all exposure dependent--if a vaxxed person amps up his exposure, he also amps up his chance of getting covid. I don't know if you've ever been to a crowded bar or dance club that caters to singles, or maybe seen one on TV? These extremely tight quarters with hundreds of sweating heavy breathers all trying to maximize their contact with others. This was not tea and crumpets on the beach.

Get vaxxed. Stay out of mosh pits
Has anyone seen data or information on how vaccinated vs. unvaccinated have behaved in terms of risk exposure? Specifically, do vaccinated people take more risks and, as such, have a higher likelihood of being exposed in the first place?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk