View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 11:03 PM   #61
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
The vaccines reduce infections and thus spread and mutation dramatically. I can't believe I still have to type that or that you think covid would have any significance at all if everyone was vaxxed.

In P-town hundreds of young people descended on crowded bars to get up close and personal with strangers. Moronic and highly unusual--they were basically bathing themselves in other people. I can't believe you hold that up as some sort of typical happening.

I leave your gain of function posts alone because they are so out there that nobody believes them. Please go back to those
I give you the link to the CDC study on Ptown... and yet you dismiss precisely what it says! You claim the vax reduces infection, yet despite MA having a 69% vaccination rate at that time, out of the 469 people who contracted Covid in this incident, 346 (74%) were fully vaxxed! 74%! The CDC study found similar viral loads in vaxxed/unvaxxed people, indicating that despite being vaxxed, you can still transmit Covid! You dismiss the Ptown outbreak as "moronic and unusual"... However, Ptown was studied precisely because it represents a typical large gathering!

The US currently has an average vax rate of 59%... yet we have had more infections this year than last year. With a 59% vax rate one would think it would be much lower.

You cannot have it both ways! If the CDC is to be believed, then the message on the CDC website that states despite being fully vaccinated you can still catch & spread Covid is truthful... and Ptown outbreak backs that message up!

The ONLY thing the vax is good at is keeping a person's symptoms relatively mild (if any symptoms) and out of the hospital... thus conserving an already low resource (medical care) and $$$ that would have to pay for it. Unfortunately, the vax has had little effect on the lost time due to quarantine and the affect that lost time has on the economy. A scary sidebar is an asymptomatic vaxxed person spreading the virus without knowing.

Woodsy