View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 02:34 PM   #55
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ View Post
The same can be said for eliminating poverty, we have not. Eliminating hunger and homelessness, we have not. Eliminating wars, we have not. However, you believe we have the capacity to eliminate this virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
YES! EXACTLY! I did not mean to suggest that this is the only situation, this phenomena is everywhere, including your great examples. I did mean to point out that there is a difference between our thoughts and our "capacity". We do not have the capacity to be governed by our rational thoughts.

To your examples--We have the brains and resources to eliminate poverty, at least in the USA, yet we do not. Wars are not the product of rational humanitarian thinking anywhere--everyone knows that at least one side will suffer terribly, and we keep choosing to enter them. We know that if we vaccinated everybody worldwide, covid would pretty much disappear; yet we do not choose to do this.

This occurs at a personal level stuff too. Just recall all the things you've done that conflicted with your own rational thought.