View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 08:20 PM   #1
chasedawg

Default Boston Whaler 13 sport

I just bought a 2006 Boston Whaler 13' sport with 25HP Mercury 4 stroke. I find it needs a boost to get onto plane. My myself with a full tank of gas it takes 15 seconds to plane out. Without a full tank 10 seconds. If i have a 175LB passenger it takes forever. The passenger has to move far forward before we can get on a plane.

The difference of the weight needed is about 20 pounds. I put a 3 gallon gas container towards the forward seat or back to the helm seating area and that 20 lbs makes a big difference in the time to plane.

This is the advise I have gotten from 5 different marinas. One... Lower the pitch you have with the 3 blade prop by 2". Two... go to a 4 blade prop. Three... install a transom wedge/lift to allow the engine to be 3/4' inboard to the transom. Thereby the lower unit of the engine is at a lower angle like if it was trimmed down. Four... install a Dolfin type wedge on the lower unit. Five.. buy a bigger engine

Have any of you great experienced Winni forum members ever have this problem or maybe know that someone that has? I'm open to any suggestions. Thank you
chasedawg is offline   Reply With Quote