View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 05:39 PM   #31
XCR-700

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
I think if everyone enjoying the lake would adopt the " do unto others" attitude, things might be a lot different. We are very fortunate to call Mark Island home for 7 or 8 months out of the year. No " millions " involved, just careful spending and many, many years of hard work. I see lots of folks fishing near my docks, and most times I'll go down and chat with them. It's not often we get to enjoy the fruits of out labor, but if we have the chance to enjoy our beach, I want to listen to my music, not someone else's. I want to look at Bear Island and all the boats going by, not the back end of 6 boats rafting. We have not had an issue with rafters, as it's nicer to anchor off Bear for them with the late afternoon sun. If I was strictly a boater and not a homeowner, I think I'd ask myself how I'd feel if the roles were reversed...would I want someone rafting in front of my place? I'm thinking most would answer the same way. It's a big lake, and there's many places one could go to hang out and enjoy the day without taking enjoyment away from others. It's not at all about depriving anyone from anything, just common courtesy and respect.
Well said!

And while we dont do fishing on Winnipesaukee, we also dont intentionally curl huge wakes or play loud music or raft in front of peoples homes, but I always offer up happy wave at a home owner as we pass and or stop and say hello if we are in a no wake zone and close to someones dock, so who knows maybe someday we will pass by and give you toot on the horn or stop and ask for directions and we hope as in the past we will always be met by smiling and happy and friendly helpful people.

ATB - enough from me on this thread.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote