View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 07:13 AM   #151
bobkatfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
So now that the season is pretty much done what are thoughts on the first summer for this store and management? Also are they planning on trying to stay open over the winter?
I am pretty much middle of the road with my opinion, not great, not terrible. Wish them success.
I know someone that works there. Plan is to stay open through the winter. Gas pumps will stay open as well (for snowmobiles). One concern they have is sled access. There is a well traveled trail that leads to the parking area across from the town beach but not sure if there is an easy route from there to the store. I'm not a sledder so if anyone knows of easy access to the store, please post and I will pass it on. I think they run circulators around the docks so access from the lake may be limited or non-existent unless you can access the shore elsewhere and run along the road.
As far as the store itself, they are working through a learning curve with mostly young part timers so inventory has been inconsistent at times but they seem committed to making it work. Let's see how the next few seasons go.

Amherst till the big 66 comes (made it!)
Winter Harbor/Mirror Lake till the big guy comes
bobkatfly is offline   Reply With Quote