View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 07:01 PM   #31
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by umbrellapoint View Post
For the WMUR story to have all the details, they would have had to either interview one of the family members who witnessed the accident or a police rep . Until a proper investigation is done, the police rep is not in a position to give out a detailed account of the accident. Interviewing the family at this point wouldn't be a good option either. A full account of the accident would undoubtedly be very helpful in educating boaters to help prevent future accidents, but the account needs to be complete and accurate to do the most good.
I agree with everything you said, except, interviewing the family at this time would not be a good option. Although I agree it would never be a "good time" to interview family members that were on the boat at the time of the accident, it is the reporter's job to get that interview asap. I freely admit that I could never be that type of reporter, but that's what they get paid to do. Isn't the interview with people in the middle of a crisis, crying and sobbing uncontrollably, the one that get's all the "ratings"??? I hate those reporter's that have the microphone right in the face of the sobbing "victim" after they just suffered a tragedy, but somebody has to do it... Personally, if I ever happen to be that "victim" and a reporter is sticking that microphone in my face, he will regret it. I will make sure of that, but that's the chance reporter's have to take if they want to make a name for themselves. That reminds me of the only good thing that came out of the Station Night Club fire was watching Jeff Derdarien getting a good dose of his own medicine when he was crying like a little baby when the reporter's had the microphones in his face!! Karma is a Bitch... Orion had a great idea that is so simple, and makes so much sense that I can't believe it hasn't happened already, which is why I don't ever expect it to happen.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote