View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 07:27 PM   #28
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
This is not accurate, fair or constructive. We regularly receive follow ups on lake tragedies. If memory serves, the most recent ones were the sledders who went through the ice, the drunk guy and the woman who sued each other, and the boat that ran atop another on Winnisquam.

Further, when you say "the media" I take it you mean the local newspapers in this case. Those folks are under incredible attack from internet disruption. We're lucky they have survived at all. Of course, this Forum is part of the media--it's an excellent source of information.
In this particular case, I am referring to wmur's report. It tells us NOTHING. Absolutely useless. Unless I missed something, please fill me in on the details of this tragedy..., and let me know the source so I can look it up myself the next time something like this happens again. FWIW, I don't feel "lucky" at all that some of these newspaper's still exist. Quite the contrary... Too much fake news. I will be happy to name names if I must, but I would have to go "off topic" and be accused of "having an agenda"... BTW, I agree that newspaper's are up against it trying to compete with the internet, so you would think that they would be willing to work harder to stay in business and have BETTER reports than what you read on line, or hear on tv to keep people buying their newspapers...

Last edited by Cal Coon; 08-29-2018 at 05:31 PM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote