View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 11:51 AM   #9
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default I agree with just wait...

Just about anywhere on the lake where fireworks are held has a "choke" point, where a lot of boats all try to get through a relatively small area, and most are in a rush. Alton Bay from Sandy Point to past Echo Point is like that. Leaving Wolfeboro Bay between Sewell Point and Barndoor is like that. Leaving Merideth is like that, as is Center Harbor.

You have a choice: get in the middle of it, and get bounced around a beach ball in a hurricane, getting sprayed from every direction, and being the subject of road rage; or just sit back and relax. Have a coke, diet pepsi, bottle of water, finish off the appetizers. Clean up the trash and get it in the trash bag, making things easier for when you do get back to the dock. Then, when you can easily count the number of the all-around white lights that are moving in the direction you will be heading, turn on the blower, wait the recommended 4 minutes, then crank it up, and head off slowly, getting a feel for the water. Just keep yourself well back from the maddening crowd, and if it is a moonlit night, really enjoy the ride. Little kids on board: life preservers on, pads or towels on the deck, and let them nap as you head out (another reason to go slow ).

Bottom line: Enjoy