View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 07:23 AM   #6
ApS

Thumbs up Less Efficiency, More Peace...I-81...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp guy View Post
In a couple of weeks I will be driving from the Culpepper, VA area to Wolfeboro, and I am looking for some route advice. I particularly DO NOT want to use either the GW or the Tappan Zee bridge, neither do I want to travel through New Jersey traffic. I am hoping to stay west of all the congestion of NYC, etc. Also, recognizing that there could be weather, I want to stay away from Albany - Bennington - Brattleboro if possible. So far I have spoken with several people and have gotten several + 5 answers. I know there are Forumites who travel this route. Thanks for any suggestions. PM me if you like.
I've taken an occasional detour from my usual relaxed "Inland-Route", which is I-81. Much of the I-81 route is reminiscent of New Hampshire scenery, including Autumn's colors.

If I were leaving Culpepper, I'd drive north to Baltimore, pick up I-83N, and route myself to I-81N, then take I-84E through Hartford, CT. (etc.).

Travel these routes on a weekend, and you'll find there are fewer trucks, no bridge congestion worries, no backups to local beaches, very little- or no- Interstate construction, and Hartford can be navigated with less terror.