View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 06:47 AM   #198
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebon View Post
I am confused. Didn’t our president limit activity with social distancing guidance? Didn’t the governor of NH limit business activity? Also, didn’t our president and our congress just give the biggest welfare package in history? I am not seeing this as a liberal handouts or a grab of personal freedom.

If you or a family member was laid off, I feel sorry for them. The economy has been propped up by the government for a long time and it was bound to happen at some point. Check the relief package for money you can get from the government. Also, check with the company that laid you off because if they had less than 500 employees, they can still make payroll through June 30th up to annual salaries of $100k per employee through the relief package.

My opinion is that this is all because testing failed and it was not taken seriously by most people from the get go. When it gets to NH, most resources in the country will be depleted. So, NH will not be immune.

Telling out of state home owners to stay in their home states is taking away personal freedom. And, no state or individual has any right to do that. My opinion is that the spread will occur regardless of out of state home owners. The spread will occur because disease spreads and people move from state to state for many things, including deliveries of supplies.

I am one county away from NYC and I am NOT going to my lake house. I am staying here because (1) NY will be over it by the time it peaks in NH and (2) NH in the spring is the worst time to be in NH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is such a pleasure to read a thoughtful well-written post and not think about the writer’s politics; even if I don’t 100% agree.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."