View Single Post
Old 03-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #147
TheRoBoat

Default Greetings from your future again

Some random thoughts from the left coast as we approach 2 weeks of shelter in place. I wasn’t sure what thread to put this in, but it made the most sense here.

When will things “open up” out here in CA? Not until this peaks, and we have a long way to go. This is a good article from the LA Times - https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-cases-explode

Everything described in that article is headed your way. It’s just a matter of scale. When I read a lot of the posts here, there seems to be a commonality that the lakes region is somehow far away, or removed from the dangers. You’re right in the center of it, and you don’t have a lot of access to close by help. “Numbers” mean nothing at this point. All you need to look at is that expanding red circle around NYC.

Most important upcoming battle - Sununu vs. Trump. It’s inevitable - and I look forward to reading who will support who at that time.

The only important numbers to you in the lakes region now center around capacity. Supplies, and beds, in hospitals. I’m sure someone may have more accurate numbers, but it appears there are about 60K Belknap residents, served by three hospitals, with about 160 beds.

These are the only numbers you need to run your hypothetical scenarios against, as it will soon be the only thing that matters. Don’t forget that pesky “timeframe” that so many leave out. In other words - 36K a year is one thing. 36K in a month is, well, worse.

I don’t recall seeing much either here in the forums, or in the Daily Sun, about the plans for when the hospitals fill up, and supplies run out, in the lakes region. There is overflow being added down south, but you will not have access to that.

Perhaps the doubters minds will change when a refrigerated truck or two pulls up outside LRGH?

Last edited by TheRoBoat; 03-29-2020 at 11:36 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheRoBoat For This Useful Post: