View Single Post
Old 11-24-2021, 08:56 AM   #15
mowtorman

Default Adventure

Descant brings up a really good point.....at least for me. Hidden unpleasant surprises lurk below the surface.
Years ago my brother and I were headed northwest past Parker Island in 2' chop. There was the sound of a rifle crack I pulled up the bilge window and a fountain sprung up. Pre cell phones we kept bow up and headed to the tip of Jockey Cove and yelled at a property owner to call ahead to Wolfeboro. Bow up we went to Northeast Marine where the lift was ready we drove in with water over the floorboards and got pulled out.

Short story 2' crack up center of deep v on 18' boat.

We were super lucky and it was summer. Marina said we hit a log I would have to agree.

Extend your season and the water temp drops 25 degrees. Better have a survival suit (if you can get it on)if your phone gets wet you are toast and no one is around to help you. What seems like a routine summer event like having dinner can quickly take a turn for the worst. If an adverse event happens you put others at risk coming after you. Most of the tragedies on the lake are the result of unanticipated events. The lake deserves the same level of respect as Mt. Washington.

Best wishes to all in this virtual community for a Thanksgiving to be thankful for.
mowtorman is offline   Reply With Quote