View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 01:18 PM   #188
LikeLakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayakinKid View Post
Food for thought; would you rather the person leave the handgun in their car so that you would feel more at ease in the store, knowing that it might be stolen out of the vehicle? Or would you rather they have it on their person in the store, openly, and under their control?
My preference would be for them to leave it in the car, of course locked and out of sight.

Great posts, XCR and kayakinkid! Really thoughtful comments. Me personally, as I've said a few times, I don't ever feel unsafe, personally don't choose to own guns, have absolutely never had the slightest urge to be armed in public. That's me. We all have our own feelings and views on things, and I do respect and understand those that want to be armed.

I don't agree that a gun on the hip will just become normalized over time. I think that there's a significant % of the population that is fearful when they see an armed person, and will continue to be uncomfortable. I hope there aren't more and more people that decide to open carry, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
LikeLakes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LikeLakes For This Useful Post: