View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 11:56 AM   #136
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEJ View Post
I hear ya about the zero times in your life you would have benefited from having a firearm, same with me. However look at it this way, the one time you or someone else MIGHT need it you might be glad you had it. Two sides to every story. I carry, not always and hope I never need it.

Glad to read in another thread you are introducing your Son to firearms and I am sure you will get him and yourself all the appropriate training.
Under that same rationale, though, people can justify carrying ladders. I mean, what if an earthquake hit and we had to climb out of Market Basket? That's happened exactly the same number of times everyone in my whole entire family ever needed a weapon...

Like you added, however, I do think it's important to be knowledgeable about weapons and, honestly, who knows what the future entails. I will admit that I feel a tad bit better about having weapons back in the house (I'd sold all my old ones when the kids came along) as there were some crazy things happening during the Great Recession and afterward. But then I remember that by ammo is stored separately from my guns for the kids' safety...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote