View Single Post
Old 07-16-2021, 07:17 PM   #126
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia View Post
Here’s an article that looks at the issue, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6203141/.

Where I live and vacation I see no need to carry a gun. There are many who will never agree with me on the issue and I’m comfortable with that.
No idea who these people are or what their goal is in creating this report but this is one of the worst reports I have read in a while.

The bouncing between reasonably current (2012) data (1967) and ancient information and firearms related hospitalizations and NF hospitalizations and the then flipping between state and federal data is a disaster.

There are also challenges about IDing LE shootings vs other. And no accounting for legally owned vs illegally owned guns.

In the end a ban that impacts 40 Million people that allegedly saved 337 lives in 2012 seems like a very poor trade off and there may be better ways to reduce any death rate. But then the report did little to convince me that the prohibition actually resulted in reducing any deaths as it failed to ID that the act of carrying actually resulted in the deaths. Likely any reduction was caused by totally removing firearms from these peoples hands, no the open carry itself. It also does little to convince me that many of those were not deaths due to someone committing a crime. I.E. I have little sympathy for criminals killed while committing a crime.

Ultimately any alleged reduction that equals a number of .0000 anything is not of too much interest when it comes at the cost of restricting countless millions of peoples rights.

Of in other words, this was not very helpful,,,
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: