View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 03:02 PM   #30
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve-on-mark View Post
I think if everyone enjoying the lake would adopt the " do unto others" attitude, things might be a lot different. We are very fortunate to call Mark Island home for 7 or 8 months out of the year. No " millions " involved, just careful spending and many, many years of hard work. I see lots of folks fishing near my docks, and most times I'll go down and chat with them. It's not often we get to enjoy the fruits of out labor, but if we have the chance to enjoy our beach, I want to listen to my music, not someone else's. I want to look at Bear Island and all the boats going by, not the back end of 6 boats rafting. We have not had an issue with rafters, as it's nicer to anchor off Bear for them with the late afternoon sun. If I was strictly a boater and not a homeowner, I think I'd ask myself how I'd feel if the roles were reversed...would I want someone rafting in front of my place? I'm thinking most would answer the same way. It's a big lake, and there's many places one could go to hang out and enjoy the day without taking enjoyment away from others. It's not at all about depriving anyone from anything, just common courtesy and respect.
We are in the age of "don't tell me what to do, I have a gun and I know my rights".
Biggd is online now   Reply With Quote