View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 12:32 PM   #29
ApS

Default "On Golden Pond" Was Released in 1981...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCC View Post
If you don't like traffic noise, don't buy next to a freeway. If you don't like the smell of manure, don't buy downwind from a pig farm. If you don't like the sound of gunshots . . .
Relatively peaceful Winter Harbor has a Tuftonboro gun range and one resident who blasts away with a high-powered rifle. (Wish I knew what he's using for a backstop, as the woods aren't that thick!)

Mostly in western reaches of Lake Winnipesaukee, you'll be treated to military air traffic. Personally, I find those brief intrusions reassuring--that the country is alert.

June through September, expect fireworks--mostly after dinner--but at any time after dark. Who knows what they're celebrating? Not far from the Big Lake a single piece of fireworks killed a celebrant.

Weekends, expect amplified "music" from boats. Those boaters who don't load up on loudspeakers, open their (recently-legalized) unmuffled exhausts to "treat" residents to still more noise.

As one can tell, we don't live "On Golden Pond" any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major View Post
I am not familiar with Balmoral, but it is fairly close to the Winnipesaukee Sportsman's Club. That may be what you are hearling.
Balmoral is located in Scotland.

ApS is offline   Reply With Quote