Thread: Groceries
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #122
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH.Solar View Post
Here I would like to offer my sincere thanks to the Demoulas family and the Market Basket employees for doing their best to mitigate any issues during these very troubling times, Bravo!
...and oh yeah, the stock level was fairly good but you only get one package of TP per visit
Thank you for posting more details about your visit---very helpful.
Personally, I'm disappointed in Market Basket's very late response to COVID-19. They were waiting for the state or federal government to order them to enforce social distancing. When government leadership is lacking, we still need to do what is obviously needed. In his early orders Sununu was essentially saying, "You can't congregate by the dozens in bars because it's dangerous, but it's OK to congregate by the hundreds in grocery stores."

The lack of common sense during this crisis is distressing. One of the biggest lessons here is to take precautions BEFORE a crisis overwhelms us, not at the moment when things are getting bad. There was never a reason to believe that what was happening in China wasn't going to make its way around the world, or that the virus wasn't going to move from New York and Boston to New Hampshire.