View Single Post
Old 07-01-2023, 09:03 PM   #8
joec

The town of Meredith has been derelict in their responsibilities when it comes to Leavitt park beach. Maybe if enough people complain in enough forums, they will get off their butts and take action on some steps to improve the situation.

I live within eyesight of Leavitt park and see a lot of what goes on there. I get my dogs out late at night for their last time and see cars pull in the parking lot and turn around so their headlights face out to the street. They stay for 10 minutes with the car running and lights on and then leave. On more than on occasion, there have been used prophylactics at the kayak launch. The town used to lock the gate at 10PM and open it in the morning. How much effort would it take to resume that?

A couple weeks ago some delinquents spray painted F%$& Joe ***** on the boulders at the beach. Politics aside, I'm pissed about that. Dog crap all along the sand. Nice thing for little kids to be playing in.

Things got really bad During Covid and that's when the town went resident only. That is unfortunate, but it made a improvement in the situation.

Things went downhill when the town stopped the lifeguards. I realize that's expensive, but for less than $1000, cameras with hard drives could record some of this stuff. Signs stating there are cameras would be a bit of a deterrent.

Meredith has money for other stuff. Time to anti up with at least some small stuff to start.

Sorry for the rant but this has been going on for a while. I sent email to the selectman about this a while back. Not a single response. I guess they don't care.
joec is offline   Reply With Quote