View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #10
northeastelectric

Talking Doggy Restrooms

I know this wont help anyone with the dogs out on the boat (I run into the same problems there as you all do)but I have to tell you what we did at our house,we got the idea while watching a nieghbors cat use a indoor litter box one day,We actualy trained our two labador retrievers(Bud & Cleo) to Olny leave there doo doos in One spot in the yard,what we did was sectioned off a 5 by 10 area in the corner of the yard,filled it with beach sand and surrounded it with some shrubs for estetics ect. and put there messes down there a few times (to get the scent down there)and now that is the olny place they go Believe it or not,(we also tell them how good they are when they go there along with an occaisional treat)they still pee around the yard on occaision(especialy the male-bud) but we very rarely find any doo doos in the yard and always find them in the "sandbox" daily,(we keep a covered trash can there with a scoop just for that reason,although the trash pickup man now gives us the dirty eyeball once a month,ha,ha),what is nice about it is that it is easy to clean up with a Screen type scoop leaving the sand behind(No missing spots of grass),it drains well and is soft on thier paws most of the winter.It also meens we are not stepping in landmines all over the yard,we had also trained our last dog who passed away to do the same thing.Its really not hard if you have a little paitence with them.Anyways everyone have fun out there this summer with your pets and please stay safe.D.G. -Northeast ElectricP.S.if anyone comes up with a solution that works for the boats we are all ears,because they both love going out on the boat!!!....
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
You won't be walking where I let mine go. When I say the woods I do not mean a walking path through the woods or something like that. Where he goes is safe and I consider myself to have enough common sense as to where I let him go. Last summer I did have someone actually stop their car and rant at me for letting him go in some woods in our association in Moultonborough. After listening to this P'd off person for a couple minutes all I did was respond with four simply words....."I own this lot!!" The persons face was just priceless! And yes, it really was mine.
northeastelectric is offline   Reply With Quote