View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #39
sa meredith

Default yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk-lnt View Post
So, in other words you're impressed that they prioritized repairing their equipment to deliver the service you were paying for?

It doesn't take much to impress you, does it?
It's a freakin' cable company...with guys in vans that are no more than sub-contractors. Some take their job seriously, some do as little as possible, and are drinking Bud by 4:50 everyday.
I called at 3ish...knowing the blue collar world pretty much shuts down at 5 these days. And, who knows, the workers may indeed be union, and are forbidden from lifting a finger after 5. When I called at 3, if someone had been out the next morning by 9, THAT would have impressed me. The fact that she got a tech to call my cell, and come out after his final scheduled service call of the day was complete...and I was up and running by 6 (after calling at 3) was pretty good, I thought. Was I impressed? Well, I certainly appreciated the effort. And the tech earned himself a 10 spot for the trouble.
Let's face it...losing cable is not an emergency...like heat, electricity, or hot water. It's TV, after all. A problem called in at 3, and dealt with the next morning, would have to be considered adequate by any reasonable customer. I felt like she went above and beyond so I could watch a stupid baseball game.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sa meredith For This Useful Post: