View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 01:07 PM   #12
Newbiesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
What I find disturbing is the learning curve to master basic functions in a car. Three years ago I bought a new car in Salem and had to drive it home after dark, in the rain, over unfamiliar roads. I couldn't figure out how to operate the lights or the windshield wipers. Three years later, I still don't know exactly how the front and rear wipers work---I just try all the buttons and settings randomly. There are at least 13 settings just for the wipers. Same for the menu---to adjust something I have to hunt through the manual because NOTHING IS INTUITIVE. For safety, such things should be obvious and intuitive and not rely on a good memory.

The principle at work here is that designers don't care a bit about the user experience. They're not asking us the simple questions, what do you need/not need? What do you want/not want?

And the manuals themselves are hardly intuitive. Neither the Contents nor the Index is clear. The only auto safety advances are the rear view camera and the “passing” indicators.

"You're only young once, but you can be immature forever."
Newbiesaukee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newbiesaukee For This Useful Post: