View Single Post
Old 11-20-2023, 12:46 PM   #140
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondcurve View Post
The Shoreline Protection Act is good in theory but there is no enforcement so it has little value in my opinion. The only thing that may save Lake Winni is the same thing that is killing it today. Money. There is so much value on the shores eventually the home owners will wake up and something will be done. Hopefully, it won’t be too late.
The problem is that many of the new generation shore front owners, don't understand the Damage that there beautifully landscape yards and perched beaches can and do create. They just want their paradise.... And while they see the changes in the lake, many take the attitude that the damage will never be catastrophic in their life time, so ignore it....

I certainly don't believe that even in my life time that the lake will become undesirable.... but ultimately that is what it will take for reversal to happen. The lake will have to get to a point, that it is no longer attracting Tourism dollars, people are no longer able to rent their homes to offset the cost of ownership etc.... and some other location will be the ideal summer spot for tourism...